Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I'm thinkin' I ought to change my motto to "Here today, gone tomorrow". At the moment I'm here and will be until I leave to go grocery shopping with Belinda, so I might try to tell you a few of my trip details, if I can remember them.

Starting from where I left off. It was Friday the 18th of July, we (The Barrows, Tony and I) were getting ready to go to the Church picnic. Gathering balls, outdoor games and a few chairs, cooking food, brushing hair and finally after loading everything into the Barrow's van and Tony's rental car, we hit the road. I think it was only about half an hour drive to the Park we were supposed to meet at, so we got there in plenty of time, in fact we were the first to show. After driving around the park for quite a bit looking for a familiar vehicle (which we didn't see), we spotted a red and white tent which looked like the one Kris told us about. We then proceeded to unpack the food and games, set the food out in the tent and then sat back to wait for everyone else. Everyone showed up, set-up their stuff and we prayed and started to eat (there's details for ya). I will now try to remember who "everyone" was. The Dubitz, Doralynne, the Flewellings, Abigail, Martin, Cheryl with her two kids, the Dohms, the Wagners, Shelly Barrow and her kids, John S. and his girls, Tony and the Elossias. After our meal, Amy, Ang and I walked around, took some pictures, went on the swings, got my sandles full of sand....went back to the tent and started to pack the food up. I think for the most part, people stuck around the tent chatting. Around 8pm or so, a bunch of us went to play some beach Volley Ball. We had two teams one consisting of Murray, James, Tony, Israel, Martin and Samantha, maybe someone else too, can't seem to recall. The other team being, Jordan, Leah, Fran, Josh B, Me, Kris, John, one of his girls, Greg and Charity also took acouple ppl's places for the second and third round. There were 3 rounds, two of which the other team won, so the match was theirs. :P. Twas a lot of fun, although my toes were sore from the sand, and we were all nice and dirty from diving for the ball. After those games we just played around with the ball, Ang joined in, as well as a few others. Amy took pics and used the video camera almost the whole time, may the video never be seen. :D I think we all left the Park some time after 10pm, so Saturday ended with everyone going to bed really late, oh, cept for Tony who just stayed up till his leaving time.

I shall blog Saturday later for Belinda needs the comp at present. :)

Jode

On to Saturday

No comments: