Friday, January 09, 2004

You can depend on a few things in this life, but I guaranty you that cars aren't one of them. Earlier this week Tam and I made this shocking discovery (as though it's a new one) when I went to pick her up from work as usual. I was in the parking lot waiting, so I decided I'd pick up my book and shut the car off. Tam was running a couple minutes late due to helping someone get some papers ready. So I sat there reading and after about 7 to 10 minutes of that I decided that car was getting cold, so I had better warm it up. Turning the keys in the ignition, my starter, instead of turning over made a weird clicking noise that I've never heard before. My lights were still working, so what's the big deal, why won't it start? After trying a couple more times to no avail I decided I better go in a tell Tam, before the building was locked and her co-workers gone. I got her just before she came out, we called Mark and he had no idea what is would be. We both thought it was starter or battery related so Tam and a few ppl came out to see what could be done. There was a phone guy there, so we opened the hood and he messed around with the battery cleaning the terminals etc. but still no go. I went to try one more time and the lights in the car died, so we decided to see if a boost would do the job. Much to our relief it started up. Car problems to be continued.

No comments: