Saturday, January 03, 2004

Well then, another Friday already come and soon to be gone. As I'm sure everyone already knows, Tam and Shawn were engaged as of the Friday before last being the 26th of December. I'll be sure to fill in a few details when I have more to share, such as the date of the wedding etc. Tam gets home tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be picking her up at the airport. I'll be sure to bring some sugar or something with me, since she may not be in the happiest of moods returning from Albany. What can I say..I've been through returning from Albany too and I think some sugar would have helped and 36 hours of sleep for starters.

This week in my spare time at night I listened to a couple of audio books while folding laundry or crocheting. One was the abridged version of The Idiot by Fyodor Mikhail Dostoyevsky who is obviously a Russian author. This was an odd book..which left a pretty pointless, melancholy feeling. It also has many long Russian names which are hard to keep track of due to the readers speed and distractions such as knots in my thread. :D The second audio book I listened to was Mary Stuart Queen of Scots by Alexandre Dumas who as far as I know is a Roman Catholic so he doesn't exactly present her in the light she deserved, but it was still an interesting listen. It's amazing how people can be so deceived..heading for death expecting eternity in heaven and ending up with something wholly different. Such a guilty, wretched woman, who no doubt thought that she was doing service to God and thinking that with enough prayers and giving to charity her sins would be covered. It brought to mind a few of the chapters I've read in Calvin's Institutes, where Calvin talks about RC's lumping Christ in with saints and how Christ death isn't enough to them, since they needed help from men. Even with the "intersession" of Mary they still believed they go to purgatory, despite the many confessions and prayers to saints that they made during their life time lumped those made by friends for them after death. Odd to think that Mary was diluted enough to even believe that she was dying a martyr's death and would be rewarded for it. Another proof that the road to Hell can be paved with good intentions as well as bad.

Yes, well my apologies to anyone who checks my blog without finding a new post. It's not like I can't post when I set my mind to it, but it's putting my mind in the set that's the hard part. :D So many times I've thought of posting about such and such a topic, but alas my zeal for the topic wears thin as I crawl closer to the computer..one step, two step, sit down, and Poof!! I no longer feel like writing or have run out of
time to do so.

Oh Cheryl, I finally got the David Copperfield videos out of the library, I really enjoyed them and you were 100% right about Agnes, she looking just like Raewyn. I'll have to find out what her name is before I return the video, because I can't seem to find her on the credits list on the computer. :D

Well then till next week, or next year.

Keep those blogs rolling, Cheryl isn't the only one checking. :D

Jodeski

No comments: