Monday, January 12, 2004

The third episode of The Return Of The Car (Battery Reloaded). Saturday morning I was thankfully able to get an appointment for that afternoon to have the car looked at. Mike Grounds came to boost the car so I could drive it to the shop. His van's battery just happened to be on the far side from the car's, so the booster cables wouldn't reach. So after a few tries with B at the steering wheel, Mike and I managed to push it a little farther out of the garage. Then I directed Mike till his van was about a centimeter from our car, and sometimes closer. ;) It worked, the cables reached, the car started, B drove it forward into the garage, we traded places and I was ready to go. But Mikes van got stuck in our sloped driveway, so he needed some help to get it out. I shut off the car before getting out, that's right, I shut it off and it wouldn't restart, oops. So after getting him unstuck we did it all over again. I was late for the appointment, but it didn't really matter since the shop was behind schedule anyways. I kicked around town for about 3 hours altogether and returned to the repair shop. They had just found out I needed a new battery, but they were out of the right type, so they'd have to get one brought in, which would only take half an hour. To kill the time I went to a health food store/gift shop and browsed around. Back at the shop I paid the bill and life has been pretty good ever since.

As usual I did my grocery shopping today, which went smooth enough although time consuming, but that also is normal.

We had a pretty good discussion on yahoo last night, about attending wedding receptions of nonreformed people. As well as what would happen in a reformed country when nonchristians want to marry.

I'm off to do, well on to do some web surfing, so chow.

Jode

No comments: