Monday, May 05, 2003

Ok, so here I am in GA..yes that's right I made it in piece, although I did have a three hour..hmm I guess I could call it a tour or a wrong turn..haha. Anyways, I woke-up at 4:30 Saturday morning to get ready to leave, I had gone to bed at 12 eh heh, so that makes four hours of sleep, but I was feeling pretty awake. So my dad (who was in town for a couple of days to pick up machine parts and such) took me to the airport I got my boarding pass and said my "bye" and got on the plane. When taking off I was tempted to say "weeeee", it felt kinda like a roller coaster ride. All of my flights went well, I enjoyed each one, the view was awsome (I had the window seat for all three of my flights), I didn't feel sick, although maybe a bit light headed (for your info Chris, they gave me a bag of potato chips and the bag certainly puffed up..although even with the pressure I was able to sleep for two hours on my flight from Seattle to Atlanta..so you were wong and I was happy I took my pillow :P). I arrived in Atlanta about 15 minutes early and found my bag, yes I was really happy to see it. Here's where things went wrong..of course they had to go wrong or I wouldn't have anything to write about :D. Well where shall I start in the wrongness, I picked up my bags and in my one sentence of directions, it said for me to pick up my bags and take the tram to the end of the line..well I didn't see a tram but I did see a train, so went over to a lady a the station and asked her if there was an "end of the line" and of course she told me that there are north, west, east, south and a couple of other ones..I showed her my directions and she said that I was at the right place but I wasn't sure where to go to. I tried using a payphone for the next half an hou,r but for some stupid reason the Shaw's numbers weren't working, I also tried a few other numbers and I couldn't get a hold of anyone, I even got the help of acouple of different ppl and still nothing, so one of the ladies got a phone book and a map and figured out which "end of the line" was the closest to Forsyth well the closest one was the North Spring End, so I got on the subway train. I get off at the end and there's no one I know there, I tried to do more phone calls..yes by this time over an hour had gone by and I felt like crying..if fact I think I did cry a bit..but you would have too if you only had 4-5 hours of sleep and had walked all over the country side lugging your bags around..so anyhow I called Mark and B, and their number actually worked, but I only had two minutes to tell him everything and I wanted him to get a hold of DeeDee, so that they would know where I was, but they still wouldn't be able to get ahold of me since the stupid payphone didn't have a number on it. I then tried a phone that was for assistance..and boy did I need it..haha. A nice young couple came up to me and asked if I need some help, the girl had a cell phone yippy!! I called DeeDee and found out that there was a tram in the airport that I was supposed to take, but it just so happens that I didn't come in the Gate DeeDee thought I would come in, so I didn't see a tram anywhere and don't ask me why none of the ppl I talked to earlier didn't tell me that the tram was at the airport, the only ones who actually knew, were the couple with the phone..argh. So I got back on the train, an hour later I got back to the airport, the Shaws were there and we left about 3 hours from when we probably would have left, if I hadn't arrived early and if they hadn't arrived late, haha. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :) Oh and I'll have to do the postcard thing later, cuz it was after 12 when I got back to the airport and I had been planning to pick the cards up after I found the Shaws at 9 or so..but since that didn't happen..eh heh.

Well I should probably be on my way, hope everyone had a good weekend. :D

Jode

PS This better work cuz I keep getting booted..oh and I'm sorry for any typos and missing commas, I haven't reread :D

No comments: