Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hey ho. I'm sure that I have much to post about, and thus I sit down to do so. I am currently writing to my blog from Edmonton..where I sit, but how did I get here? As of the beginning of this year Mark and B had been working to hatch plots involving a trip down to Idaho to visit with Manda. I tried to tune this out as much as possible at the time to avoid disappointment in the case that they were to travel while I was yet in school. At the same time Shawn and Tam were still in Washington, and so the hope was that they would be able to remain there till after Mark and B took the trip---the more the merrier you know. :) It at one point looked like Jord and Dor might even be able to make it down. Thus making it at least four of us girls present, so I held my breath for my finals to be over.

It just so happened that Mark would able to wrap everything up that he needed to four days after my last final, so it looked promising. At the same time, however, Shawn had been unable to extend their stay in WA, and Jord's plans had also been foiled. The day after my last final I found out from Tam, who had just driven all the way to MI, that she was willing to fly back to ID, if we girls were all going to be there. So we called Dor to see if there was any way she would be able to make it, but traveling alone with three little kidlets is a daunting task for any superhero..and Dor was sane enough to know it. :) Three days before take off, and two days after finals, it had been decided that I would take a bus to Edmonton the day before Mark and B were scheduled to leave in order to assist Dorry.

I took the night bus on Monday, which enabled me to be here at a little after 8:00 am. We had to wait a little while for Levi's birth certificate to come in, but all is well that ends well, we departed around noon. Ok, this is off topic, but is all well that ends well? I think not, as it seems to be the same as saying the end justifies the means. But regardless of that, we were headed to ID.

To be continued

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's wonderful!!! Hope you all have a great time!