Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hm, I'm spacey, I forgot to mention that we also stopped by Drumheller on the way to Edmonton, got out and walked one of their trails for an hour. It made a nice refreshing break from the driving, and the kids were able to use some of that penned up energy. We didn't go into the museum however, as we didn't have enough time to make the fees justifiable. But yeah, the dead lands are interesting, with different layers of sediments, coal, clay, ah..dirt, sage and various desert type plants. They even had a petrified tree stump. Of course every sign you come to talks about how this or that is millions if not billions of years old, but I think we're kinda used to that fairytale, so we ignore it as always. They have signs everywhere saying "we would like if you were stay on the trail" but I don't think we saw anyone that was listening. They were climbing up and down the sides and basically going wherever they pleased. After the walk we released the kids at yet another playground, which for them was once again, more than likely the most memorable event of the short stop off. :) I would post some pictures of it, but we didn't take any. :D Belinda did film a bunch, but I'm not sure how I would go about putting that up, so tough rockies. :P Anyhow, time to sign out, have a blessed Lord's day everyone.

Jode

No comments: