Friday, December 05, 2003

Ever get that feeling like there's more to it then meets the eye. Well I had that feeling today, when I went for my road test in order to get my final license. I didn't get to the point of passing or failing thanks to my insurance or lack there of, eh heh. Yep, I was in the driver seat all ready to go, she was walking around the vehicle checking to be sure that everything works. She took a look at my plate, and low-and-behold it expired yesterday, oops. So then of course I couldn't take the test, nor could I drive home. I did however get my money back, the one bright spot in my day, haha. So I called Belinda, who called Mark and Tammy, I called Tam (she works at the same joint that insures us) and she had just talked to Belinda. She found out that Mark was going to get a ride to pick up the new insurance and the sticker for the plate, then get a ride to ICBC to get me and the car. Thankfully I had brought A Child's History of England by Dickens, so at least I had something to read while waiting. Now that really bazaar part, we don't normally put the parking break on when we park, but I do when I take road tests, well Mark who was going to drive me home, never took the break off and he never noticed either. We drove to his work, I dropped him off and drove home, and of course notice the break was still on, but I called the Toyota place in town, and it shouldn't be hard or pricey to fix. The road test people were very nice about it, and since they cancelled on me the first time, when I would have been insured they fit me into Thursday of next week and 8:45. I just really wish it was over, cuz I'm getting tired of this run around and besides who needs to drive anyway? haha.

Well I'm off to try to get something profitable done, might as well make today count for something, although I realize this may have been a very good thing. Mark has been really busy with some changes that they are making at his work, so he may not have remembered till next week, in which time if we had an accident we wouldn't have been covered, or if we had been pulled over we would have had a ticket. So all it really cost was a tad of disappointment, a parking break and a bit of everyone's time. :)

Jode, Novice for life

No comments: