Saturday, December 27, 2003

Ah yes, another wildly wasteful day for myself. Today I did another very stupid thing. I got up this morning and remembered that I had a couple of videos to return before 10 am, so I walked to Mark's work to get the car and drove off to drop the videos off. After dropping them off I thought I'd stop by the library to pick up some books, CDs and such. The library however doesn't open till 10:00 on Saturdays and it was only 9:45, but I still had a book by Dickens in the car, so I thought I might as well read that while waiting. It takes 10 minutes to drive back to Mark's to drop the car off anyhow and I wasn't going to be near the library again any time soon. So 10 came around and I locked my doors and grabbed my glasses and got out and went in. I was only in there for about 30 to 45 minutes, had found what I wanted and thought I'd better be on my way. But what's this?? why aren't my car keys on the key ring attached to my purse? I knew right away I had done a stupid thing. I glanced into the driver side window and there they were. I've only done this once before and once should have been enough.haha I had put the keys back in the ignition when I got back in to wait, but never turned the car on since I was planning on reading.. so I guess forgot to pull them back out again before exiting. So after this I went back into the library and called Belinda to let her know why I was going to take forever. Thankfully Belinda has a set of keys, so I walked home which took about 35 minutes and ate a late breakfast at 11:45 or so, eh heh. Got her keys, my little radio (lent my CD player to Tams) and some negatives to get reprints of and walked back. I stopped by Overwaitea i.e.. Save On Foods and dropped the negatives off and bought a couple things. I then dropped the car off at Marks work and came home. So about an hour and a half of walking plus time here and there, but I had wanted to go for a walk anyways so no complaints there. I can't say I got much done though, but it's Saturday right?

Oh, I was also going to recommend a book on tape called On Communicating by Mark H. McCormack. Tam and I listened to it while quilting, quite entertaining and some pretty good tips too.

Well anyhow, I'm really happy December is almost over and that it's almost 2004, aren't we supposed to be driving flying cars or something?

Off to do something semi useful, or not. :D

Jode

No comments: