Saturday, December 13, 2003

Ah yes, another loverly Saturday. I started off my day by sleeping in, followed by taking some pictures to finish off the roll of film with the quilt on it. As soon as Tam got back from her hair cut and lunch with a co-worker then Belinda, Tam, the kids and I headed for the bank and off to Costco to obtain a few things. From there we went clothes shopping, which turned out successful. Tam and I dropped B and the kids off and went to Visions, since we heard they were having a CD sale. We managed to pick up a couple CDs for only $4.88 each compared to $21, so needless to say we were pleased. We then went to Tim Hortons to drop the car off for Mark, who has been working longer days due to some changes in the stores. We got some coffee to drink on the way home and some grounds for the Lord's day, then off to the mall to buy a few more things. So now I'm home, just had supper and I'm feeling quite happy.

I really can't wait till this season of madness is over. I don't think I've ever seen so many stupid people in cars and on foot in my life. You're driving and people just walk right out in front of you, in herds with no cross walk. I even had that happen on one of the main roads. While waiting for Belinda who was in her bank I had some lady standing right in my driving lane, her back towards me, just standing there. As soon as she saw me she moved, but it really seemed like bagging to be run over. It was really snowing out so a lot of drivers were only going 30 or so on 50 roads. Several people took the right of way when it wasn't theirs or went through stop signs without enough space for them, forcing everyone else to slow down or stop. But we we didn't crash into anyone, so I guess that's something to be thankful for.

One other pain, aren't x-mass decorations enough?? Do they really have to play the music as well? The whole time we were shopping they had the carols on and the really sad part is that we know a lot of the lyric (not like they're hard to learn) so they become wedged in your brain and are only dismantled with the replacement of a good song.

Well I should go throw a load of laundry in the wash before the day's over.

A great Lord's day to you all.

Jode

No comments: