Monday, October 01, 2007

1. The Lord's day is great, but Monday for me usually requires a little recovery time to get back into things. I certainly don't mind being out of things for the day though, in fact it's something I look forward to. :D
2. Started rereading A Remedy For Wandering Thoughts by Richard Steele on the way to Massachusetts yesterday. Read it to Tam, who was the driver for the day as Shawn had woke feeling really ill. Such a great book, and I so appreciate his colorful writing, it helps to keep my mind from wandering while reading it. :D Perhaps I'll post a short quote or two at some point. :)
3 Listened to a lecture and a sermon last night from the Together for the Gospel pastor conference held last year. From what I've heard, and seen about it, I think it's a great thing that is working in the direction the church needs to go. The lecture and sermon I heard from it were so spot on. The one was preached by RC Sproul titled The Center of Christian Preaching: Justification by Faith, and the second was a lecture by Albert Mohler called Preaching with the Culture in View.
4. The Friday night Derek Webb concert was great, I really enjoyed listening to him play, as well as listening to his in between soapbox comments, which were often pretty funny. If you have center stage, and people are there because they want to listen to you, and want to know what you believe, why not eh? :D If you want more details I refer you to Shawn's blog. :)
5. Only 10 days left, wow. I better be able to make it out to Manda's one more time, and I need to get my sewing machine back from you know who. Then I'm off to Edmonton for a week (woohoo!) Get to see all Jord and Dor's latest renovations, and more importantly, Jord, Dor and the kidlets. :) Then I bus back home see all my..ah..homeys? Good thing the use of a word doesn't make you cool or I would soo be bordering on the dangerous line of coolness right now. :P So PG will be a little different with a dog around..but other than that I'm sure it'll be back to reality.

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity. Oh, there goes.......if you know what that's from, don't even worry about it. I don't listen to that loser. :P

Jode


No comments: