Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Starts singin' a small world after all, it's a small world after all... I had a call from one of my distance education teachers earlier for some assistant in an assignment. When I was just about to go he asked if I was related to my dad, I guess he had known my dad from sunday school when my dad's family was attending the E Free Church years ago, when my father was a teen. I told Dan about my dad's passing away, as he had no way of knowing since he hadn't seen him in years. He proceeded to ask me if I was a Christian which I answered in the affirmative, and I told him I was Presbyterian. He then asked if I attended one of the two Presby churches in town, which I don't. Had a bit of a good discussion as to why not, although most of the talking was on my side. I talked a bit about the second commandment and how it applies to worship and how it applies to our not joining those denominations, but sadly I don't know how well he took that, as he seemed to skirt the issue by saying something like "well, it's good salvation is by Christ" which I whole heartedly agreed with, but it was in the ton of "I've heard enough, I have all that matters" but our love for Christ is shown by our fruit, so if we ignore the commands of God how would we respond to Christ when he says in John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Certainly our salvation is not of works, but rather it is shown through our works, works are the fruit of our faith and love, so how can so many people so easier toss aside the commands of God and claim to love him?

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts.

Jode

No comments: