Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm back. Back you ask? Yep, I was in Fort Nelson from Monday the 14th to Thursday the 24th. My mom came on Thursday (I believe) and stayed for the weekend and then we departed on Monday. I accomplished my main objective while I was there, and got lots of visiting time in with my mom, albeit, more time at the Soles' would have been nice.:) I don't know that I have much to say on it but for generalities such as "good" "nice" "short" so how do I sum it up without being general or too over detailed? I don't know that it's possible, but I'll try giving a short rundown of it.

The drive up was long, isn't every 11 hour drive considered such? But it was also uneventful, didn't hit any wildlife (saw some alive and dead ones, managed to stay on the road despite my mom's occasional wondering, and we didn't get run off the road by any Macs although we did pass a lot of them. I admit I also spent a lot of the drive with eyes closed, as my mom's driving style is somethin' else. ;) Also started reading Lion of the Covenant on the way, and thus far it has a thumbs up from me.

I spent much of the week and a half going through years worth of belongings; from piles of papers, clothing, books, magazines, socks and everything in-between, above and below, I went through it all. No doubt my mom will miss some items I disposed of, but I'll leave that for her to realize and she didn't really need them away..really. :D

After the allotted amount of time, and as soon as mom got a new part or two in the car we were off again for PG. However, due to some people who don't know how to order parts, we had to wait an extra day for them to order the right part in, as the first order was a no go. By the time Mom got back with the car, and we were all packed up and in order it was going on 4:00 pm. Did the late leaving time stop us? Never. I did however end up by driving for about half the trip, with us kinda taking turns as mom was pretty tired. I would say the biggest challenges were stopping in a standard (haven't done it in over 2 years) and drying out contacts, both of which were small obstacles. Didn't see any alive wildlife, which was also a good thing. As soon as we arrive I unloaded all of my stuff, got blankets for Mom, bid her farewell and hit the hay. She was off for Edmonton (to stay the weekend) before I woke up and I heard from Jord she had arrived safely.

Yes, I'm back.

The biggest news of the week is that I have a new little niece, a little Emily Price, and I have yet to hear the middle name. She's just small thing as she was about a month early, but thanks be to God, she's healthy. I'll be more than happy to post a couple pictures of her, as soon as I receive some..hint hint.

Well I'm off but shall return.

Jode

No comments: