Saturday, May 01, 2004

Let the fun continue. So the wallpaper was shipped off to the dump and it was onto the painting. At first Belinda was wanting to go with this cool stucco technique, but finding the tools became to hard, pricey and couldn't be done in the dark red we at first contemplated. So after Tam and I spent some time at New Look Decorating Center (awesome place btw) we opted out of stucco and thought we'd just get the red and see what comes of it. Well I wanted a coat of Fresh Start and then applied some red, which didn't turnout to be the same as the swatch, too much magenta I'm guessing so I turned to our left over paints and took a trip to Wal-Mart and got a can of a nice white type of shade. I applied that to the top two thirds of the walls and on the bottom half I smooshed (also known as fresco me thinks) some gray, with a hint of green and cream which gives it a marbled type of look (if you've ever seen our painted flours you'll have more of an idea of what I'm talking about). So yeah, the entry is now complete but for some touch-ups that I've been putting off, eh heh.

Next task on the project list was the upstairs bathroom which was in serious need of new paint since the old stuff was marked and starting to chip off here and there. Well after considering, Belinda consented to a nice looking green, Tam and I took another trip to Wal-Mart and got a small can..next day I started painting, didn't get far since the color looked minty. Now that may not mean much to some of you, but I'm not a fan of mint, and certainly not on our main bathroom walls. :D I then called Tam for moral support (haha, yeah I know faar too many details, but you can skim or skip it all together). :) Tried to see if it changed when it dried (nope) so I took another trip to Wal-Mart to play with the tints. Got the friendly, very helpful guy to add some black etc. then I compared the colors to a swatch and found it was almost a match for a bluesy/green, all I needed was one more shot of green, so it was perfectly providential. Ahh, much better..a bit darker than I had been going for in the first place, but hey it's not mint and that's a good thing.

Well back to painting the basement bathroom, I suppose I'll torture ya'll once or twice more with my renovation details later. :D

Jode

No comments: