Saturday, May 01, 2004

Busy busy. So today and the last couple of weeks have been my "get with it and paint" weeks, also filled with the normal household chores etc.

My project list started with our 14 ft. or so entry way which was covered in a pretty okay looking wallpaper for the 70's or whenever they pasted it up, but it had to meet it's end. I started by taking off about 12 little square mirrors that were stuck onto part of the wall. So yeah the wallpaper could have been easier for sure (or harder), but with my spray bottle and putty knife in tow I hit the walls. After about half an hour I had my method down, of getting it wet, peeling the top off, then spraying it again and peeling the second layer of paper off all the way to the top of the walls. The main challenge was the height, since my 8 ft. ladder plus me on the very top only equals about 13 ft. No, I was careful and didn't risk my life too often, when I could help it. After many hair pullings and sighs I had it all down, sanded the wall and applied my putty in the appropriate areas. I guess there was only one mishap in all that (not counting the stubbornness of the remaining glue). We have an alarm system right? Well I had the upstairs alarm pad hanging from the wall while I carefully removed the paper behind. I was cautious at that point to avoid getting any water in the back of it, the thought of putting a bag on it crossed my mind but "one thing drives out another" so I forgot. I started to rip the paper above it, spraying it well, when I heard a *beep..beep..I looked down and saw that the alarm must have got a bit of moisture in is from the mist. Well after a closer inspection off of my ladder I saw that it proclaimed to be armed; I hadn't pressed anything on it so I called Belinda figuring that she could rescue us from the impending noise. Well the buttons weren't registering, so I thought I'd open the door in the normal fashion of us coming home. The buttons still didn't work, the alarm went off, tried the downstairs' pad, it wasn't working either. It isn't hooked up right now to an alarm company, so noise is about all we got and either our neighbors knew it was us setting it off or they really don't care if we get robbed. After about 15 minutes of that is went silent again, until little Baillie decide to prance down the hallway where we have a motion detector, so off it went again. With silence once more, I called Mark and Tammy to see if they knew what to do with it, which they didn't... so we had to wait for Mark to get back. After the kids setting it off 2 or 3 more time, taking control, Belinda and I blocked of the area with chairs as reminds of why they're *not* to go that way. Mark came home and tried to unarm it but to no avail, he did however have the wits enough to shut of the breaker for it, now why didn't I think of that??

Okay, bedtime I'll have to post the rest of my doings in another addition. :)

Jody

No comments: