Friday, February 06, 2004

Well then, another week, flush..I mean I'm positive, I really didn't mean flush, I meant..another week flitted away.

On Wednesday I went to a home schooling sledding gathering thing. Belinda had been invited to come with the kidlets, but since she wasn't feeling up to standing out in the cold for two hours or more, I took them to the hill. The Grounds weren't there yet, so I parked and walked to the sledding hill making sure Calvin and Baillie stayed on the sidewalk. With our red and blue sleds in tow we hit the hill. I didn't really come fully prepared, since I was missing the winter boots and snow pants, but decided to venture a few slides, taking turns between going down with Calvin and Baillie. All went nice and smoothly and although I didn't know any of the other home schooler ladies there I just played with the kids, pushed them down the hill and did chat a little with one lady. The Grounds arrived after about 1/2 an hour of sledding, so I went down a couple more times with Megan and Julia Grounds, 3 or 4 of us on one sled. You would think that after so many years of sledding I'd learn my lesson, the one about after having escaped 10 slides don't risk another. Well we were going to leave, and although I was cold etc, I thought I'd go down once more with two of the girls. After joking to Theresa that I hope I wouldn't break an arm, I and two of the girls got on our 2 seater and took off down the hill hoping the kids that were climbing up would move out of the way if we started heading for them. With all the weight we were gaining speed, flying down the hill ...we flew off the path and who did we see standing in front of us? Tired little Baillie was plugging up the hill, eyes to the ground. We were rocketing towards her. In a split second I reached over the girl's heads and somehow managed to grab Baillie and take her with us to the bottom of the hill. I held on to her hoping that she was okay, since I knew my right cheek had hard contact with something. At the bottom I lifted her off, all the little girls thought that was a blast..Baillie was unscathed and seemed to have felt nothing, she was however missing one boot and sock which one of the girls went and got for us. I was extremely thankful she was okay, although I had an instent headache after hitting her, I figure I must have ran into the top of her head or something. The pain reminded me of the time I was running for the Shaw's phone (good reason they're not allowed to run in that house)and I slipped on the wood floor, bang, hit really hard (ask Amy, she could heard it from the phone). So after we packed up sleds and kids we went to Mc Donalds with a bunch of the other ppl, had some hot chocolate and fries, kids played in the little, um fun thing, and home again. That evening I looked like someone beat me (haha) and chewing was also painful, must have swelled over an inch. So for once in my life if you minused the bruise it looked like a had a prominent cheek bone.

Finished reading The Fellowship of the Ring again. Started it when I got my wisdom teeth out, finished it in the spare time in the evenings. I think I missed mentioning the teeth on here, oh well you didn't miss much. It all went really well, but now the task of wisdom goes to the gray hairs, problem is that I don't have any yet. Oh well, time will fix that all too soon. So yes my point, I finished the first part and would like to read the others..as soon as they're back at the library. Still haven't come to the point of buying them, although I find great enjoyment from them. I would also like to reread the Silmarillion. So much to read, and no doubt better, more profitable things to read...but there's a little room for fiction. :)

Oh, and the wedding news for anyone who hasn't heard it. The ceremony will be in Albany in June, since the US won't allow them to marry here. It's a long confusing story, having to do with visas and such. At any rate there will be a reception here in town (PG) on July the 2nd, so that our family and church members can still get together if they still have the desire to do so.

Anyhow, I suppose this is long enough to count as a post and since I am running low on anything substantial to say I'll sign off. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful week, I know I enjoyed mine. :)

Jode

No comments: