Thursday, October 30, 2003

Ok, I'm back. Last week we had the elders in town, as well as Mrs. Lonna Price and Amy Barrow. They arrived on Thursday to drop Amy off and then went out to the Saville's which I guess was their sleeping headquarters. I can't really remember what we did the first night Amy was here.

On Friday however, we had the two Prices and Greg Barrow over for lunch. Was a very nice visit, at the end of which Belinda, Mark and I had our little communion reviews. Tam, Amy and I went to the mall: bought CDs, hot chocolate and a few snacks and returned home in time for family worship. Lonna came back in the evening for a couple hours, my dad arrived, and Amy and I (well mostly Amy I guess :D ) came into chat for a bit. I believe we then watched a movie later that evening, ate our snacks and talked some.

Saturday afternoon the elders came for lunch again. Tam and my dad had their little exams for communion and the elders where on their way again. Amy and I spent a ton of time burning CDs and Tam took my dad to a few places to get some things, and I ground a wack of grain with the electric mill, which we borrowed from my mom. I seem to have lost almost all of the memories that make up Saturday night, please forgive me. :D

The Lord's day was truly wonderful. The only thing that dampened it was poor Greg Barrow having to go to the hospitaldue to kidney stones. We had another great sermon on Mark, which was followed by some baptisms and the Lord's Supper, both of which we haven't had in ages, so it was really wonderful. After the service we (Pastor Price, Milly, Lonna, Paul Roberts, Tammy, Amy and I) swung by the hospital to see how elder Barrow was. Turned out that he was released, so he was able to pile in the vehicle and come with us to the Grenon's. At the Grenon's we had a fellowship meal and plenty of conversations, although the volume in the room was so loud is was hard to catch many of them. :D So home we came and we made sure to stay up late.

Monday saw Amy and the elders off as well as my dad.

Tuesday evening saw my dad back in town already along with Brett and Tiff (a couple of my cousins from Dawson Creek), and just in time for bible study.

Wednesday saw them off again, although we didn't hear till later in the evening that they had been in an accident 1.5 hours from Dawson. I guess the weather in the Pine Pass was far less then friendly, and to make a long story short, my dad had to take the ditch rather then the back end of a semi. Oh, I forgot to say that he had a trailer full of horses hooked unto the truck. Well anyhow, Dad, Tiff and Brett were alright, although the truck rolled and I guess one of the horses didn't make it.

Right about now it is Thursday evening, and my dad and Uncle Danny are here, (for another load of horses) although to explain what they are driving and such would take more time then I'm willing to spend.

Well I'm off of this blog, and probably won't be back for awhile, so have fun checking it over and over again to only find an old post. :D

Jode

No comments: