Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Ok, I stayed up too late last night, and so I woke-up at almost 8 and ate breakfast, did a ton of laundry, math, went for a walk, helped fix supper, and all the boring things that go with day to day life.

I finally finished David Copperfield, I would tell you that it's a good book, but the fact that I've been reading it for the last four months would say otherwise. It's the type of book that you read a chapter and although it may have been a good chapter, you're happy enough to put it down and carry on with your work. As most of Dickens works are, it had too much detail; I don't care what every stranger on the road looked like, but I guess he wrote it in the times of no TV, so the book would be like a tv show, that would last you a season. It would have been better if it wasn't over 600 pages, and there were a few characters he dwelled far too much on, that I could have down without altogether. I find that I liked a few of his other books far better, although they have some slow parts as well. So there you have my book review.

And so, here I am folding laundry, getting hungrier by the minute, and the more I type, the less laundry folded. I'm off once more, to the great beyond ie. the kitchen.

Jody

No comments: