Monday, November 21, 2005

Hey ya'll,

Here for a bit of a "real" post. The problem with being here is that once I'm here I can't remember what I was going to say. Yes, you're right, I complain about this far too much so I will just endeavor to do my best at being newsy. :D

As you can tell by some of the pics below, I finally finished piecing and basting my quilt and have finally moved onto quilting it. It's a nice change, as cutting has always been my least favorite part of the process.

I took my GED on Saturday. I believe I failed (haha, keep reading as these 4 words can be misleading when taken out of context) to mention that I've been studying for it for the last while. I think it went pretty well, although I won't know if I actually obtained my GED for 3 or 4 weeks. I guess that's because they not only get all of the test batteries from Victoria, but they also send them back there for marking. It was a very long test as I took it all in one day. They normally schedule it over two days, but for some reason they choose to make you take all 7 and 1/2 hours of tests in a day, with another 30 minutes tacked on for a lunch break. Although in retrospect, it was better to just get it over with.

So what's next? I'm not entirely sure, and it something I'm going to need to put a lot of thought into. I planning on doing more sewing, and see if a net based clothing and other thing business with Tam is flyable, as it's something I would enjoy.

Other than that, we've been enjoying lovely fall type weather for the last week. I'm not saying that I totally hate snow or something, but I know that when it comes I'll have more than my share of it. I had better enjoy the brown grass and mildly crisp air while I can. :)

Belinda has started teaching the kids Latin, which is neat. It's been rubbing off enough that I've picked up a bit of vocabulary. I find it interesting how Latin uses its pronouns. They have it so that the I, we, they etc. is actually comprehended by a sound in the actual word. I would give you an example, but I only know how to pronounce them, not type them. I hear them from a distance and don't look at the teacher manual, sorry. :D

Okay, well I'm off.

Jode

No comments: