Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Blog of a Thousand Typos

So here we go. I'm ready, are you ready? Ready for..ready for, another boring blog..hm, need another b word. Hmm, another billowing, blundering, block-headed, boring blog. Okay, that'll do for now. As you have probably guessed already, I am either rather tired at this moment, or have been inhaling too many paint fumes, or maybe both. After all, they're both legitimate claims as I'm in an office that has recently been painted and it is 1 am :D

So, I suppose if you're checking this, you're checking to find a post about what I have been filling my days with for the last while, and not checking to find yet another old post that no longer qualifies as interesting if it ever did. Well for that person looking for a real update, this post is for you. :D (*disclaimer* just because it's new doesn't mean it's interesting and length doesn't always mean good content. :D) Yeah, I'm in a pessimistic mood and if you were in any doubt of it, right now on my left hand sits a glass that is half empty. And I consider it half empty even though it's so big it, when full, would qualify as 2 glasses.

From the fumes comment you may have picked up on my latest pastime. Yup, I've been busy painting the office/library/computer room. How is it going? It could have been better more than once, but thus far I've lived through it and am happy with the results. :D The problems? Well one would be that the second can of paint I picked up for the top 2/3 of the walls didn't match the first can of paint that had been color matched previously. I had already applied some of the first can to a couple walls and had completed them before running out, thus the walls didn't match. :D To remedy this I just repainted all of them, as I had more than enough in the new can to handle that job. So that being done, my second big prob was that under the office carpet, I believed there to be a floor of vinyl tiles as was already uncovered in my room. I investigated this by looking under the carpet in three corners, although due to a bookshelf I was inhibited to look under the forth. Amazing what decisions are made and how many wouldn't have been made the way they were, had you only known. I talked to M & B about the carpet and we all agreed that it would be preferable to have out with it, as it's too short to really clean and was getting rather nasty. Now as there are 7 shelves in here I opted to remove the carpet chunk by chunk, and then move the shelves into the empty floor space. There goes the first chunk, "oh look, floor tiles"..there goes the second chunk, "oh look, floor tiles", there goes the third chuck, "I'm sorry, WHAT?? Where did this cement come from??" So yeah, They really only tiled a few rows along the walls and gave up finishing the middle over to the forth corner, go figure.

The plan is now to pull out the tiles, although even that wasn't clear cut at first as I had to send a sample to Edmonton to be tested to make sure that it didn't contain asbestos. Thankfully the guy said there are no traces of asbestos in the tile or adhesive so it'll be on to the next step. From what I've read about removing vinyl tiles, not only will I need the strength of Hercules, but the job will also require the patience of a saint or maybe Job?. Be kind, don't bet against me. :D After a fair bit of reading I believe I know the methods that seem to work the best. So if I have the time tomorrow I shall venture to try it, and if not tomorrow I'll make the most of Monday and the following however many weeks until I'm free of it. :)

As for today, my venture was mostly in curtain making, and curtain making I did. Two curtains, which are now hanging in the window to replace the busted blinds (thanks to Tiger). One more thing down, 50 more to go. :D I also sorted the CD's, hung the whiteboard, etc, etc.

I find there are a few pluses for working in here, the biggest being the computer, meaning not only do I have music at my fingertips, but I've been able to listen to some books on sermon audio that were read by Leah awhile back. Thus far I've listed to a section from Domestical Duties, and three parts of the one on the Westminster Divines. :D So yeah, been enjoying that and realizing all the more how bad the church has had it..again and again, but also how the faithful always get back up, which is rather encouraging.

Well enough for now, I'll try to update on my progress when I've made some, and pictures shall follow after that.

Hope you have a nice Saturday,

Jode

No comments: