Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In light of it being my 21st birthday I thought I would post this quiz on some of the things that happened in 1984. I must confess, Michael Jackson with his hair on fire would be the most humorous fact to me, and I'm sure Irene among a few others can appreciate the fact that the Oilers won the cup that year. :D As for the age, is it really different than any other? Ah, not really, the first thought would be that I can now drink legally in the US (and I say, "how does this affect me?"), and it has seemed to be the first thought of more than myself, haha. Sadly, (as you can see from the first thought noted above, as well as the hair on fire) I believe I'm probably pretty much about as immature as ever, so I'll just have to see if 22 can do anything with that. :) God has really blessed me with a good life, with many years of love, encouragement, instruction and correction, so despite the difficulties here and there, I look forward to many more years of the same, according to His will.

Over and out,

Jode





In 1984 (the year you were born)


Ronald Reagan is president of the US


On a Challenger mission, two astronauts become the first humans to fly free of a spacecraft


An Union Carbide insecticide plant in Bhopal, India seeps toxic gas killing over 2,000


Penthouse magazine publishes nude photographs of Miss America Vanessa Williams


The Soviet Union boycotts the Los Angeles Summer Olympics


Richard Stallman starts developing GNU


"Where's the Beef?" commercial campaign for Wendy's airs for the first time


The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to use a computer mouse and GUI interface, is introduced by Apple


Ethiopian famine begins


Mandy Moore and Avril Lavigne are born


Detroit Tigers win the World Series


Los Angeles Raiders win Superbowl XVIII


Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup


Ghost Busters, Beverly Hills Cop, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Gremlins, and The Karate Kid are top grossing films


"When Doves Cry" by Prince and the Revolution spends the most time at the top of US charts


Michael Jackson's hair catches fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial


The Cosby Show, Punky Brewster, and Who's the Boss? premiere



What Happened the Year You Were Born?


More cool things for your blog at
Blogthings

No comments: