Monday, November 15, 2004

Blogging, a duty or a pleasure, you be the judge.

Well, I'm not sure that I'll ever quite understand God's providence. This morning I was on my way to get groceries, when I heard quite a loud continuous noise when I started to driver faster. I got some groceries and when I came out that's when I saw it. Yep, a nice big flat tire, I've never had one myself when driving, although I've had the "how to change" lessons from my parents. Oh great, (that's what I thought at that moment) what to do now? I don't have a phone..and I see no spare, I don't even have a key that will open the back of the van, even if I did see a tire. Well thankfully I wasn't too far from Tim Horton's, maybe a 10-15 minute walk. So off to Tim's I went in search of Mark. While I had a coffee Mark called his boss (who used to own the van) to ask him about the tire. Well turns out there was "convenient" spare pinned under the van, so after getting a good back-of-the-van-opening-key, I walked back, grabbed the manual and got to the first stage of tire changing. Some nice guy (yeah, pretty typical eh?) helped me while his wife went in to do her shopping. By the time the ladies came back out we had the itty-bitty "convenient" spare on (I have to call it convenient in quotes because it's such a sad state of a tire that if I didn't say it was a "convenient" tire, you'd never know it. :D) Then back home to wash my hands and off to the next grocery store..going no more than 50 kilometers an hour. I can say God is very kind, because it was a nice enough experience, no crashing, or being 50 miles from home (yah, so I have yank and canucks mixing with the miles and kilometers, but thankfully you can't sue me for it :P). So all in all it was good, but I'm still left wondering why..I guess I'll never know, or not in this life. :D


I've been doing a lot of thinking about this world lately and it's sad, sinful, wretched state. How as Christians we are no longer part of the world, no longer fitting into the mold of society. Sometimes I wonder how deep my feels are for the things of the world, in my heart of hearts, since the heart is so desperately wicked, who can know it..I know I'm not qualified(Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? vs.10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. ) I just pray that God will continue to soften my heart to Him and the things of heaven, and harden it to lusts of this life. Ah yes, to be a travelin' man (er woman, whatever).

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

My dad is getting treatment in Mexico, but is still in a lot pain. I would write more, but typing with one hand and a sleeping baby can become quite the task.:)

Hope everything is running smoothly in your part of the world, as smoothly as it can.

Jode

1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

No comments: