Sunday, October 31, 2004

Well, what to say..sometimes words don't come so easily, whether I have something to say or not..and it can be even harder with a wiggly little Geneva on my lap. She continues to grow bigger everyday, and as she grows her smiles become bigger as well, although sadly they can be quickly accompanied by a much louder cry. :) Ah yes, the human plight, she desired to be entertained 24/7, so she isn't very content with the seat in front of the computer.

As most of my readers probably know, my dad has lately been diagnosed with Pleural Mesothelioma, which is a very aggressive form of cancer, caused by the inhaling of asbestos about 25 years back. It's still kind of surreal, even though I know the statistics... it's hard to believe my dad is one of them. I must say that seeing him going through all these trials the way he has and continues to... has made me so proud of him, more so than ever.. I'm so thankful to God for all of His goodness towards us..to know that no matter what happens..my dad will live
(1Tim 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.) . Far too often you see people going through these circumstances, but they can find no purpose in it but only fear, because they do not trust in the grace and mercy of God (Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ). They despair for they know not that all things work for the good of those who love God and trust in His Son (Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.) How I pity those people, for we have been shown..how thankful we must be, because as God's people there is always hope of life (Proverbs 12:28 In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.). Through these trials we draw closer to God, putting off the flesh and adding to our santification. My dad has truly shown this.

Psalm 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

May God truly bless your Lord's day, as you seek to honor him. :)

Jode

PS. Please keep my parents in your prayers.

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.




No comments: