Friday, April 18, 2003

So, once more I am here to tell the story of my boring day...You know I should have stuck to the name "Jode's boring blog" since it was fitting, but I guess so is the "not so daily" part in my new title..whatever.

Yesterday I made myself a list of things to do, but I never got around to the yard raking or pruning..instead I spent 10:00 to 1:00 baking two big batches of cookies (one healthier for B/kids and the sugary one for me :D). Then I went to babysit for Teresa Grounds so that she could get her shopping done without having to take all the girls along. Half-way through sitting, Belinda called and said my cousin Timber who is 18 and Jessie a friend of his, showed up for at her house for a visit. So Teresa finished around 6:00, I came home and joined the rest of them for dinner and got to have a nice chat. After dinner Tam and I need to go pick out fabric for our "up and not so coming quilt", Tam thought we'd be pretty quick so we took Timber and Jessie with us. Well it turns out that to pick out 16 different blues (which we finially had to cut down to eight blues and buy twice has much fabric), 5 golds, 4 oranges, 3 lavender, 1 peach, 5 ecru, 3 greens, 1 sage, 1 sage lavender, and there may have been more that I'm not rememebering. Needless to say, we weren't able to pick them all out, figure out how much we needed of each and where we wanted them to be on the quilt in the intended half an hour, so the poor guy spent an hour walking around the store looking bored. They handled it pretty well and Tam and I were going as fast as we could. So after that, the treat for the guys was that we took them to see a skidder they needed to look at down town, so it was Tam and my turn to wait and wait. We did..of course we threatened to drive away, but it was only in fun..the rest of the time we were walking along the fence looking at the machine and trying to understand what the guys were talking about. Then we went home (ate icecream), talked and talked we got to talk about some good things (no Amy, not the Martha Stewart kind)..such as God's law, family, church, and many other things, until it was 1 am and we were all wanting to fall asleep. We always like getting into talks with Timber since he isn't afraid to tell you what he thinks, although some of it is off and I'm not sure how much he applies things, but where theirs God's Will, there's a way, even if we don't see it.

So, this morning we got up, ate, talked a little bit more and then they were on their way (their way being Jessie's parents place in Kamloops to pick up some of his stuff to take back with him to Fort Nelson) I guess they are going to go by a few other places to look at some more machines, wee fun. Lets see Tam and I walked to the Mall bought a few groceries, went to Overweitea foods to get a few more that Extra Foods didn't have and that was about all of my day yippee doodle.

Toodle Pip,

Jody, the amazingly long winded for having nothing to say and no certain topic.

Listening to You only disappear by Tom McRae

PS I should be in bed, Tam and I leave to Lara's mom's place to quite at 9 am..oh well.

No comments: